We need to accelerate and scale efforts to end agriculture-driven deforestation.
• Require financial, public- and private-sector actors to disclose the forest risks and benefits of their investments, such as those in the production of forest-risk commodities.
• Evaluate the impacts of fiscal policies and incentives in agriculture sector to promote forest protection goals.
• Promote and scale public-private partnerships that actively involve local communities and indigenous peoples through inclusive
processes to protect forests and other ecosystems.
• Align trade policies and ensure effective enforcement of import regulations including due diligence requirements aimed at reducing deforestation in commodities.
Private sector actors (companies and financial institutions) should:
• Improve transparency through supply chain and forest monitoring and open and accessible data on risks and mitigation efforts to end deforestation.
• Scale and accelerate implementation of landscape and jurisdictional programs in key commodity sourcing regions.
• Scale and accelerate engagement with smallholder farmers to promote sustainable land-use practices.