Collaboration is essential to reduce poverty for forest-dependent populations while ensuring sustainable forest and land use.
- Implement alternative development pathways that are less dependent on resource exploitation in natural ecosystems
- Foster collaboration with the private sector, civil society, financiers, and IPLCSs to fulfill all aspects of the PRIME framework – productivity, rights recognition, investment in institutions and services, market access, and ecosystem services.
- Promote transparency and enable stakeholder participation in development decisions to ensure that development projects benefit local communities
- Fully respect IPLC rights in line with international best practice
- Engage, where possible, in jurisdictional approaches to provide holistic support for all smallholders in their direct and indirect supply chains